RESTORE RESIDENTS RIGHTS
PREMIER BRUMBY IS REMOVING
RESIDENTS RIGHTS TO OBJECT OR
APPEAL AGAINST DEVELOPMENT
RESIDENTS & A COALITION OF CONCERNED
COUNCILLORS JOIN FORCES IN PROTEST
AT A RALLY
ON THE STEPS OF PARLIAMENT
WEDNESDAY 10TH JUNE AT 1 PM
Come to the rally to send a message to
Brumby and Madden
Contact : Mary Drost 9882 2829 0401 834899
YOU COULD GET A MULTI-STOREY APARTMENT COMPLEX NEXT DOOR & YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO DO A THING ABOUT IT !
- Premier Brumby has announced he is by-passing planning laws to bulldoze our suburbs so he can fast track the building of hundreds of apartment complexes and school extensions without the need for council permits.
- He has already moved to take away resident’s rights to object or appeal against such projects.
- This follows his proposal for new residential zones which will effectively change our low scale suburban areas into blocks of three or four or more storeys of apartment complexes.
- He is appointing unelected and unaccountable Development Assessment Committees to take over planning from our councils in Activity Centres to ensure that apartment towers will be built in these centres.
- Victoria’s Planning Act is to be reviewed which will formalize these government edicts including property acquisition.
- And what’s even worse, Planning Minister Madden is to be entrusted with greater planning powers to “call in” projects or over-ride councils to push high-rise development into the suburbs.
Can he be trusted with these powers? After all he is the Minister who knew nothing about branch stacking and corrupt practices at Brimbank managed from his own electoral office. We don’t think so.
If you don’t come to the protest they will think you don’t care
** Apologies for cross postings of this Notice **
“Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it…” George Santayana
- The German Luftwaffe “Condor Legion” bombed the residents of Guernica here , and how
- Premier Bracks removed residents rights to appeal against his Kew Cottages Development here
More Updates: www.kew.org.au/
How you can help the Kew Cottages Coalition…
1. Make a small donation online here
2. Buy Kew Cards and T-shirts here
3. Forward this email to a friend.
Thank you for your support !
and subscribe to the Kew Cottages Post blog at
For details on KCC ENotices please contact:
Kew Cottages Coalition
PO Box 2317
Reg # A0044698H
T: 0414 979 300
If you do not wish to receive further email information from KCC please reply to email@example.com with the words ‘CANCEL EMAIL’ in the subject line.
If you have friends who do wish to receive KCC ENotices please ask them to email
firstname.lastname@example.org with the word “SUBSCRIBE’ in the subject line.